This national conference will be held on 21 February 2024 at The University of Sydney Law School in Australia.
Business compliance in international transactions across the Asia-Pacific region holds immense importance for organizations seeking to expand their activities within this dynamic and evolving landscape. Multinational corporations operating in Asia Pacific often confront unique compliance challenges due to the swiftly changing regulatory and geopolitical environment in the region.
We welcome scholars, irrespective of their career stage, to submit paper or panel proposals for presentation at the conference. The event will take place at the Camperdown campus of the University of Sydney Law School in Sydney, Australia, on February 21, 2024 in a hybrid format (in-person or online presentation). The conference is specifically designed to provide researchers with the opportunity to present their work-in-progress papers to fellow scholars. The primary language of the conference will be English.
We are enthusiastic about receiving proposals that delve into various aspects of business compliance in international business transactions, especially:
- Key Compliance Risk Areas:
- Criminal Law Compliance: corporate crime, anti-corruption law, fraud and cyber fraud, anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing, etc.
- Data Protection and Digital Trade Compliance: cross-border privacy protections, data security laws, crypto asset regulatory frameworks, governance of AI and digital trade, etc.
- Dispute Resolution related Compliance: complex private international law issues associated with jurisdiction, choice of law, and judgement recognition and enforcement, arbitration and mediation, sanctions, foreign state sovereign immunity, etc.
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Disclosure and Traceability Compliance: climate change disclosure regulations, modern slavery laws, regulations for sustainability of international supply chains in circular economy, etc.
- Compliance Expectations in these Risk Areas
- Recommended Best Practices
Other legal issues related to Business Compliance in International Commercial Transactions in Asia Pacific are also welcome.
Confirmed Keynote Speaker: Professor Andrew Dickinson, Oxford University Faculty of Law
Requirements for Abstract Submission:
For paper proposals, please submit a title and max 200-word abstract, along with a one-page CV. For panel proposals, please submit a title and max 800-word abstract, along with a three-page CV covering 3-4 panel members.
Proposal Due: 1 December 2023.
Announcement of successful submission: 15 December 2023.
Conference Date: 21 February 2024
More information can be found here.