On 8-9 June 2017, the Academy of European Law (ERA) will host a conference on European Insolvency Law under the title:
“Insolvency Proceedings within the EU: Latest Developments”
at the ERA conference center in Trier (Germany).
The conference will give an in-depth analysis of the recast EU Regulation No 2015/848 on insolvency proceedings which will become applicable from 26 June 2017, in particular
- scope of the Regulation, pre-insolvency and hybrid proceedings
- main, secondary and synthetic proceedings
- groups of companies and the new group coordination proceeding
- Furthermore it will discuss the
- new Commission proposal for a Directive on insolvency, restructuring and second chance, published late 2016, and
- post-Brexit implications for insolvency and restructuring
This conference aims to meet the requirements of insolvency lawyers to stay informed on the latest developments in jurisprudence and legislation in insolvency matters at EU level. It will examine practical problems in applying the recast Insolvency Regulation, consequences of Brexit and the recent EU proposal on business insolvency.
The confirmed Speakers are:
- Stefania Bariatti, Professor at the University of Milan; Of Counsel, Chiomenti Studio Legale, Milan
- Alexander Bornemann, Head of Division, Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection, Berlin
- Florian Bruder, Rechtsanwalt, Counsel, DLA Piper, Munich
- Jenny Clift, Senior Legal Officer, International Trade Law Division, UNCITRAL Secretariat, Vienna
- Reinhard Dammann, Avocat à la Cour; Partner, Clifford Chance Europe LLP, Paris
- Francisco Garcimartín, Professor of Private International Law at the Autonomous University of Madrid
- Gabriel Moss QC, Barrister, 3-4 South Square, Gray’s Inn, London; Visiting Professor at Oxford University
- Andreas Stein, Head of Unit, Civil Justice Policy, DG Justice and Consumers, European Commission, Brussels
- Nico Tollenaar, RESOR, Amsterdam
- Michael Veder, Adviser at RESOR, Amsterdam; Professor of Insolvency Law at Radboud University Nijmegen; Chair of INSOL Europe Academic Forum
- Bob Wessels, Independent Legal Counsel, Adviser and Arbitrator; Professor emeritus at the University of Leiden
The conference language will be English. The event is organized by Dr Angelika Fuchs (ERA). The programme of the conference, together with a registration form, can be found here.