PLEASE NOTE: THIS CONFERENCE IS FULLY BOOKED, NO SPACES AVAILABLE!
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the T.M.C. Asser Institute and its Private International Law department it organises the symposium:
International Civil Procedure and Brussels Ibis
on 19 March 2015
The main theme will be international civil procedure, with an emphasis on the new Brussels Ibis Regulation. Recent developments in international civil procedure and specific features of the Brussels Ibis Regulation will be discussed.
Time: 10.30 – 17.30 hrs, followed by a reception
Venue: T.M.C. Asser Instituut, R.J. Schimmelpennincklaan 20-22, 2517 JN The Hague, the Netherlands
Please register for this free event before 1 March 2015.
10:30 Registration –Welcome
11:00 Recent Developments on the EU Level
– The future recast of Brussels IIbis (Ian Curry-Sumner, Voorts Juridische Diensten)
– Regulations on Wills and Successions: procedural issues (Andrea Bonomi, Université de Lausanne)
– Revision of the Insolvency Regulation (Francisco Garcimartín Alférez, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
– European Account Preservation Order (Antoinette Oudshoorn, T.M.C. Asser Instituut)
14.00 Brussels Ibis Regulation and Forum Selection Clauses
– Choice of Court under the Brussels Ibis Regulation and the 2005 Hague Forum Selection Convention (Xandra Kramer, Erasmus University Rotterdam)
– Revised lis pendens rule in the Regulation Brussels Ibis (Christian Heinze, Leibniz Universität, Hannover)
– Weaker Parties disputes and forum selection and arbitration clauses (Vesna Lazic, T.M.C. Asser Instituut)
15:30 Coffee/Tea Break
16:00 Brussels Ibis Regulation and Enforcement
– Provisional Measures (Ilaria Pretelli, Swiss Institute of Comparative Law, Lausanne)
– Enforcement in Brussels Ibis and enforcement in special European civil procedure Regulations (Marta Requejo Isidro, Max Planck Institute, Luxembourg)
– Brussels Ibis in relation to other instruments of unification on the global level (Paul Beaumont, University of Aberdeen)