This book focuses on harmonization of conflict laws at the European Community level, which has been driven by the introduction of a series of conventions and regulations. It offers critical assessment of these advances across four main areas of concern: civil jurisdiction and judgments; the law applicable to civil obligations; family law; and insolvency.
Specifically, the measures examined and evaluated include:
• the Brussels I Regulation on civil jurisdiction and judgments
• the Regulation on uncontested claims
• the Rome Convention 1980 on contracts
• the Rome II Proposal on torts and restitution
• the Brussels IIA Regulation on matrimonial proceedings and parental responsibility
• the Regulation on insolvency proceedings.
Contents: Preface Part I: Introduction 1. Introduction Part II: Civil Jurisdiction and Judgements 2. History, Outline and Scope 3. Domicile 4. Alternative Jurisdiction 5. Protected Contracts 6. Exclusive Jurisdiction 7. Submission 8. Concurrent Proceedings 9. Provisional Measures 10. Recognition and Enforcement of Judgements 11. Enforcement Procedure Part III: Choice of Law in Respect of Obligations 12. Contracts 13. Protected Contracts 14. Torts 15. Restitution Part IV: Family Matters 16. Matrimonial Proceedings 17. Parental Responsibility 18. Familial Maintenance and Matrimonial Property Part V: Insolvency 19. Insolvency Index
The book is priced at £99.00. More information can be found on the publisher's website.