Conference: “Le successioni internazionali in Europa” (International Successions in Europe) – Rome, 13 October 2016
The Faculty of Law of the University of Rome “La Sapienza” will host a German-Italian-Spanish conference on Thursday, 13th October 2016, on International Successions in Europe. The conference has been convened for the presentation of the volume “The EU Succession Regulation: a Commentary”, edited by Alfonso-Luís Calvo Caravaca (University “Carlos III” of Madrid), Angelo Davì (University of Rome “La Sapienza”) and Heinz-Peter Mansel (University of Cologne), published by Cambridge University Press, 2016. The volume is the product of a research project on “The Europeanization of Private International Law of Successions” financed through the European Commission’s Civil Justice Programme.
Here is the programme (available as .pdf):
Welcome addresses: Prof. Enrico del Prato (Director, Department of Legal Sciences, University “La Sapienza”); Prof. Paolo Ridola (Dean, Faculty of Law, University “La Sapienza”); Prof. Angelo Davì (University “La Sapienza”).
Chair: Prof. Ugo Villani (University of Bari, President of SIDI-ISIL – Italian Society for International Law)
- Prof. Javier Carrascosa González (University of Murcia): La residenza abituale e la clausola di eccezione (Habitual Residence and Exception Clause);
- Prof. Cristina Campiglio (University of Pavia): La facoltà di scelta del diritto applicabile (Choice of the Applicable Law by the Testator);
- Prof. Erik Jayme (University of Heidelberg): Metodi classici e nuove norme di conflitto: il regolamento relativo alle successioni (Traditional Methods and New Conflict Rules: the EU Regulation Concerning Succession);
- Prof. Claudio Consolo (University “La Sapienza”): Il coordinamento tra le giurisdizioni (Coordination between Jurisdictions).
Chair: Prof. Sergio Maria Carbone (University of Genova)
- Prof. Peter Kindler (University of Munich): I patti successori (Agreements as to Succession);
- Round Table: The European Certificate of Succession
Introduction: Prof. Claudio Consolo (University “La Sapienza”);
Participants: Dr. Ana Fernández Tresguerres (Notary in Madrid); Dr. Paolo Pasqualis (Notary in Portogruaro); Dr. Fabian Wall (Notary in Ludwigshafen).
Concluding remarks: Prof. Sergio Maria Carbone (University of Genova).
(Many thanks to Prof. Fabrizio Marongiu Buonaiuti, University of Macerata, for the tip-off)