XVI CONFERENCE OF THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PRIVATE INTERNATIONAL LAW – ASADIP
The American Association of Private International Law – ASADIP is pleased to announce that the registrations for its annual event are now open. The XVI ASADIP Conferences: “Private international law between the innovation and the disruption” will take place on August 10-11, 2023 in the city of Rio de Janeiro, at the premises of PUC Rio and University of State of Rio de Janeiro – Uerj.
The ASADIP invites all PIL scholars and community to be able to attend the event and meet again in person this exceptional year in Rio. The XVI Conferences will cover special topics on PIL and international organizations – Organization of American States-OAS, Mercosur, the HCCH, Uncitral, Unidroit; perspectives on PIL, gender and sustainable development; PIL legislative trends and (re)codification; international legal cooperation and new technologies, procedural conventionsand cross-border family affairs, amongst others.
In addition, as a warm-up PIL initiative to engage PIL scholars, travellers and friends coming to Rio, the Brazilian Research Network on Private International Law, the Latin American Network of International Civil Procedural Law, the Open Latin American Chair of Private International Law and ASADIP will jointly convene a preparatory meeting – the IV Workshop on Research Strategies for Private International Law.
The Workshop will be generously hosted by PUC Rio on August 9, 2023, and is coordinated by Professors Nadia de Araujo (PUC Rio), Fabricio Polido (University of Minas Gerais – UFMG); Valesca Borges (University of Espírito Santo – UFES) and Inez Lopes (University of Brasilia – UnB).
A Call for Papers has been launched and is currently available on ASADIP´s website and social media. PIL scholars are invited to submit their draft proposals for the Workshop and special meeting of the PIL research networks and projects active in ASADIP region and overseas. Papers and abstracts in English, Portuguese or Spanish are accepted and may be submitted in line with one of the thematic sessions of the Workshop to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information and instructions, participants can follow the updates on relevant submission and feedback deadlines (end of June to mid-July) on ASADIP social media.
The opportunity presented by those activities under the auspices of ASADIP and the gathering of specialists of the highest level from all continents is once again unique. We encourage you to participate.
Relevant links and repercussions on media:
– Call for Papers –
The Brazilian Research Network on Private International Law (“Brazilian PIL-RN”), an initiative of the Inter-institutional Research Group “Private International Law in Brazil and International Fora” (CNPq/DGP), the Latin American Network of International Civil Procedural Law, the Open Latin American Chair of Private International Law and the American Association of Private International Law – ASADIP – will jointly host the IV Workshop on Research Strategies for Private International Law on August 9, 2023, on the occasion of the awaited XVI ASADIP Conference 2023 (“PIL between the Innovation and the Disruption”) in Rio de Janeiro.
PUC Rio will be our host institution for the IV Workshop on Research Strategies in PIL, in this edition structured in two main clusters:
- Joint Meeting of PIL Research Groups and Networks in Brazil, ASADIP Region and global partners
- Thematic panels on IPR research with presentation of scientific papers in Working Groups on PIL and Emerging Issues
- WG I: Sustainable Development Goals-SDGs and Private International Law
- WG II: Dialogues between PIL, International Law and International Trade
- WG III – Migrations, human rights and private international law
- WG IV – PIL between data flow, artificial intelligence and new technologies
- WG V – Current developments on International legal cooperation
This Call for Papers invites participants and specialists to submit proposals – articles/papers, expanded abstracts (for Master and Doctoral candidates) and posters (Undergraduate students) for the presentation of scientific pieces at the IV Workshop on PIL Research Strategies. It is open to submissions of unpublished/ongoing works by faculty professors, investigators, as well postgraduate and undergraduate students, on topics of interest for the research agenda of Private International Law, its strategies and potential impacts on society, local/regional spaces, and international organizations. Proposals may be submitted in any of the three official languages for ASADIP: Spanish, English and Portuguese.
A such warm-up academic initiative is a part of the main proceedings of the XVI ASADIP Conference2023 “PIL between Innovation and the Disruption”,which will take place between 10-11 August 2023 in Rio de Janeiro (PUC Rio and University of Estado do Rio de Janeiro – UERJ).
Highlight on relevant deadlines:
- 06/28/2023 – 1st deadline for submission of proposals
- 05/07/2023 – 2nd deadline for submission of proposals
- 10/07/2023 – Deadline for the evaluation feedback on the proposals
- 07/17/2023 – Deadline for issuing invitation letters and acceptance of selected proposals
- 24/07/2023 – Confirmation of participation and registration of participating authors
- 09/08/2023 – IV Workshop – PUC Rio – preparation for the XVI ASADIP Conference (2023)
General information and submission rules:
- The proposals of papers – articles, expanded abstracts and posters – in the official languages for ASADIP – Spanish, English and Portuguese – should be submitted and sent within the deadlines to the e-mail: email@example.com.
- There will be no registration fees and the organising committee will issue acceptance letters according to the flow of requests from selected participants.Participants will be solely responsible for arranging financial support in their respective institutions for transportation, accommodation, travel logistics and per diems for the presentation of selected papers at the IV Workshop.
- The papers selected by peer review and approved should be adjusted according to the guidelines for authors and will be published in books/collections and proceedings of the event, with support from Brazilian and international funding agencies.