Wuhan University Institute of International Law, in partnership with global research leader SAGE, is delighted to announce the launch of a new journal “Chinese Journal of Transnational Law”.
The Chinese Journal of Transnational Law is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal that aims to address global challenges from the perspective of transnational law, which is broadly defined to cover international law (public and private), international economic law, comparative law, the interaction between domestic and international law, and any other legal field possessing a cross-border element. This journal embraces relevant submissions from different cultures and regions and attracts readers from the global, regional and Chinese markets. The journal shall be open to not only traditional doctrinal and theoretical legal research on transnational law, but also contextual and inter-disciplinary research. Although focused on contemporary matters in its aspiration to be a forum for the latest debates on transnational legal studies, it also considers submissions inspired by in-depth historical perspectives that cast new light on present developments. The CJTL covers broad topics including but not limited to:
- Innovative transnational dispute resolution, including both state-to-state and private dispute resolution mechanisms and the impact of culture, psychology, language and geopolitics on dispute resolution;
- Transnational trade, investment and economic governance;
- Transnational family law and the wellbeing of children, including surrogacy, child abduction and same sex marriage in the cross-border context;
- Transnational regulation of technology;
- Transnational corporate responsibility and governance;
- Transnational protection of private rights in tort and transactions;
- Transnational law and development;
- Transnational law and global health governance;
- Transnational environment protection and climate change;
- Transnational criminal law;
- Unilateral sanctions, extraterritorial regulations and blocking law.
The Chinese Journal of Transnational Law accepts submissions year round on any topic covered in the journal scope. In the meantime, the journal will publish calls for special issues occasionally. A call for the first special issue is going to be announced soon. You can find more information about this journal and submit your paper here.