The Faculty of Law, Brawijaya University, Indonesia is organizing a one-day international online seminar on Private International Law in Islamic Countries – Developments and Challenges. The main purpose of the seminar is to examine and discuss the current situation of private international law in Islamic countries especially from the point of view of the influence of religion (Sharia/Islamic law) on the regulation of private international relationships.
Participation is free but online registration (here) is kindly requested to receive the link to the conference, which will be emailed shortly before the event.
After registering, attendees will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The event will also be live streamed via YouTube (here). E-certificate for attendance will also be issued for attendees to prove that they joined the online seminar.
Details about the forthcoming seminar are as follows:
Date: 24 August 2021
Time: 13:00 (Western Indonesia Time); 14:00 (Brunei & Hong Kong Time); 15:00 (Japan Time)
Program (details can be found here):
- Admittance for Key-note Speaker, Invited Speakers, and Seminar
- Opening Ceremony by the Dean of the Faculty of Law, Brawijaya
- Keynote Speech by Professor Yun Zhao, Representative of the HCCH Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
- Seminar Presentation (Moderator: Cyndiarnis, SH. MKn)
- a. Associate Professor Béligh Elbalti, Ph.D., Graduate School of Law and Politics, Osaka University (The Influence of Islamic Law Principles on the Treatment of International Private Relationships – Family Law as Example)
- b. Nobumichi Teramura, Assistant Professor of the Institute of Asian Studies, and University of Brunei Darussalam (Shariah as the Law Applicable to an International Commercial Contract: Challenges and Opportunities in Australia and Brunei)
- c. Afifah Kusumadara, SH. LL.M. SJD., Faculty of Law, Brawijaya University (The connecting factors to determine the applicable law and the court jurisdiction in Indonesia: The interference of religion)
- Question and Answer
- Photo Session and Closing
- Announcement by the M.C. concerning:
- Certificates of Participation
- Seminar materials
Any enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The organisers are looking forward to having fruitful discussion with and exchange of ideas among all participants.