Vacancy: Senior Research Assistant sought for global project on choice of law
Professor Daniel Girsberger of the University of Lucerne is seeking to employ a Senior Research Assistant to work on a global project on Choice of Law in International Commercial Contracts. The part-time position is funded by the Swiss National Research Fund (SNF), initially for a period of three years. It is envisaged that the successful candidate would work from the University of Lucerne (and/or Geneva).
The successful candidate will:
– be a lawyer
– have very good credentials
– have completed a doctoral dissertation or be an advanced doctoral candidate
– be multilingual: ideally a native (or otherwise an excellent) English speaker with excellent English writing skills, and with very good writing (and good speaking) skills in German and at least two other languages, such as French and Spanish
– have specific research and practical skills, experience and an interest in:
o private international law on a domestic as well as regional or global level
o (ideally) international arbitration
o international instruments in the area of commercial law (such as the CISG, UNIDROIT Principles, New York Convention 1958 and Hague Conference instruments)
– have very good practical skills in using legal databases (search and management of such databases) and electronic data processing
– be very well organized and have very good communication skills to communicate with legal academics from all over the world.
Enquiries and applications (CV and covering letter) should be directed to Daniel Girsberger: Daniel.Girsberger@unilu.ch.
Applications close on 31 August 2018.
A link to the advertisement on SSRN is available here.