Private International Law
* Inaugural Conference (30 July)
Conflicts of Laws and Uniform Law In Contemporary Private International Law : Dilemma or Convergence?
Didier OPERTTI BADÁN; Professor at the Catholic University of Montevideo.
General Course (6-17 August)
The Law of the Open Society
Jürgen BASEDOW; Director of the Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law, Hamburg.
The Private International Law Dimension of the Security Council’s Economic Sanctions (30 July-3 August)
Nerina BOSCHIERO; Professor at the University of Milan.
* The New Codification of Chinese Private International Law (30 July-3 August)
CHEN Weizuo; Professor at Tsinghua University, Beijing.
Applying Foreign Public Law in Private International Law – A Comparative Approach (30 July-3 August)
Andrey LISITSYN-SVETLANOV; Professor at the Institute of State and Law, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow.
* Party Autonomy in Private International Law: A Universal Principle between Liberalism and Statism (6-10 August)
Christian KOHLER; Honorary Director-General at the Court of Justice of the European Union, Luxembourg.
Applying the most Favourable Treaty or Domestic Rules to Facilitate Private International Law Co-operation (6-10 August)
Maria Blanca NOODT TAQUELA; Professor at the University of Buenos Aires.
* Bioethics in Private International Law (13-17 August)
Mathias AUDIT; Professor at the University of Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense
Compétence-Compétence in the Face of Illegality in Contracts and Arbitration Agreements (13-17 August)
Richard H. KREINDLER; Professor at the University of Münster
* Lectures delivered in French, simultaneously interpreted into English.
More information is available here.