ERA-Conference: The Impact of Brexit on Commercial Dispute Resolution in London
The Academy of European Law (ERA) will host a conference on the changes which will be brought about by Brexit with regard to the UK’s status under the Brussels Ia, Rome I & Rome II Regulations and the impact of those changes on commercial dispute resolution in London during the transitional period and afterwards. The seminar is organized by Dr Angelika Fuchs (ERA) in cooperation with the Bar Council, the European Circuit and the Hamburgischer Anwaltverein. The event will take place on 10 November 2016 in London and will be followed by a reception.
Key topics will be:
- the fate of prorogation clauses in favour of English courts
- cross-border enforceability of judgments
- consequences for choice of law agreements
- the future of London as a legal hub
The full conference programme is available here.
The speakers are:
- Barbara Dohmann QC, Barrister, Blackstone Chambers, London
- Alexander Layton QC, Barrister, 20 Essex Street, London
- Matthias Lehmann, Professor at the University of Bonn
- Ravi Mehta, Barrister, Blackstone Chambers, London
- Hugh Mercer QC, Barrister, Essex Court Chambers, London
- Michael Patchett-Joyce, Barrister, Outer Temple Chambers, London