Reminder: Academy of European Law – “How to handle international commercial cases – Hands-on experience and current trends”
This post is meant to remind our readers that the Academy of European Law (ERA) will host an international conference on recent experience and current trends in international commercial litigation, with a special focus on European private international law. The event will take place in Trier (Germany), on 8-9 October 2015. While registration will still be possible after 8 September 2015, this date marks the deadline for the „early bird“ rebate. Even after this deadline, however, discounts will be available for young lawyers and academics.
This conference will bring together top experts in international commercial litigation who will report on their experiences in this field including litigation strategy and tactics. An updated conference programme is available here.
Key topics will be:
- Recent case law of the CJEU on business litigation in light of the changes brought by the recent recast of the Brussels I Regulation
- Forthcoming changes after the entry into force of the new Hague Choice of Court Convention in June 2015
- The recast of the Insolvency Regulation in summer 2015
- The revision of the Small Claims Procedure in 2015
- The Regulation establishing a European Account Preservation Order
The conference language will be English. The event is organized by Dr Angelika Fuchs, ERA, in cooperation with Professor Jan von Hein, University of Freiburg (Germany). The speakers are
- Robert Bray, Head of Unit, Secretariat, Committee on Legal Affairs, DG Internal Policies, European Parliament, Strasbourg/Brussels
- Professor Gilles Cuniberti, University of Luxembourg
- Raquel Ferreira Correia, Counsellor, Lisbon
- Emilia Fronczak, Loyens & Loeff, Luxembourg
- Sarah Garvey, Counsel and Head of KnowHow in the Litigation Department, Allen & Overy LLP, London
- Jens Haubold, Partner, Thümmel, Schütze & Partner, Stuttgart
- Professor Jan von Hein, Director of the Institute for Foreign and International Private Law, Dept. III, University of Freiburg
- Brian Hutchinson, Arbitrator, Mediator, Barrister, GBH Dispute Resolution Consultancy; Senior Lecturer, University College Dublin
- Professor Xandra Kramer, Erasmus University Rotterdam; Deputy Judge of the District Court of Rotterdam
- Alexander Layton QC, Barrister, Arbitrator, 20 Essex Street, London.
For further information and registration, please click here.