New Book Published: Recognition in International Civil Litigation – European Enforcement Law
The lectures delivered at the 2013 Conference of the International Association of Procedural Law on recognition of foreign judgments and cross-border enforcement have been collected in a book, recently published by Gieseking Verlag and edited by Prof. Burkhard Hess, under the title Die Anerkennung im Internationalen Zivilprozessrecht – Europäisches Vollstreckungsrecht.
The volume addresses the following topics:
- Perspectives on recognition within the European Union
- Recognition under national law in Europe
- Recognition of foreign judgments in the U.S. and in Asia
- International enforcement between territoriality, the creditor’s interests and debtor protection
- The European Account Preservation Order
- Transparency of assets between the creditor’s interests and debtor protection
- Liability, Security and Undertakings in cross-border enforcement law.