Yearbook of Private International Law, vol. XI (2009)
The XI volume (2009) of the Yearbook of Private International Law (YPIL), published by Sellier – European Law Publishers in association with the Swiss Institute of Comparative Law (ISDC), is out. The Yearbook, edited by Andrea Bonomi and Paul Volken, contains a huge number of articles, national reports, commentaries on court decisions and other materials, up to nearly 650 pages.
- Erik Jayme, Party Autonomy in International Family and Succession Law: New Tendencies;
- Ralf Michaels, After the Revolution – Decline and Return of U.S. Conflict of Laws;
- Diego P. Fernández Arroyo, Private International Law and Comparative Law: A Relationship Challenged by International and Supranational Law;
- Koji Takahashi, Damages for Breach of a Choice-of-Court Agreement: Remaining Issues;
- Eva Lein, A Further Step Towards a European Code of Private International Law: The Commission Proposal for a Regulation on Succession;
- Giulia Rossolillo, Personal Identity at a Crossroads between Private International Law, International Protection of Human Rights and EU Law;
- Urs Peter Gruber / Ivo Bach, The Application of Foreign Law: A Progress Report on a New European Project;
- Juan José Alvarez Rubio, Contracts for the International Carriage of Goods: Jurisdiction and Arbitration under the New UNCITRAL Convention 2008.
Private International Law in China – Selected Topics
- Yongping Xiao / Weidi Long, Contractual Party Autonomy in Chinese Private International Law;
- Qisheng He, Recent Developments with Regards to Choice of Law in Tort in China;
- Renshan Liu, Recent Judicial Cooperation in Civil and Commercial Matters between Mainland China and Taiwan, the Hong Kong S.A.R. and the Macao S.A.R.;
- Weidong Zhu, Law Applicable to Arbitration Agreements in China;
- Yongping Xiao, Foreign Precedents in Chinese Courts;
- Guoqiang Luo (Steel Rometius), Crime of Law-Bending Arbitration in Chinese Criminal Law and Its Effects on International Commercial Arbitration;
- Fang Xiao, Law Applicable to Arbitration Clauses in China: Comments on the Chinese People’s Supreme Court’s Decision in the Hengji Company Case.
- Didier Opertti Badán / Cecilia Fresnedo de Aguirre, The Latest Trends in Latin American Private International Law: the Uruguayan 2009 General Law on Private International Law;
- Jeffrey Talpis / Gerald Goldstein, The Influence of Swiss Law on Quebec’s 1994 Codification of Private International Law;
- Yasuhiro Okuda, Initial Ownership of Copyright in a Cinematographic Work under Japanese Private International Law;
- Elisabeth Meurling, Less Surprises for Spouses Moving Within the Nordic Countries? Amendments to the 1931 Nordic Convention on Marriage;
- Andreas Fötschl, The Common Optional Matrimonial Property Regime of Germany and France – Epoch-Making in the Unification of Law.
News from UNCITRAL
- Jenny Clift, International Insolvency Law: the UNCITRAL Experience with Harmonisation and Modernisation Techniques.
- Zeno Crespi Reghizzi, ‘Mutual Trust’ and ‘Arbitration Exception’ in the European Judicial Area: The West Tankers Judgment of the ECJ;
- Mary-Rose McGuire, Jurisdiction in Cases Related to a Licence Contract Under Art. 5(1) Brussels Regulation: Case-Note on Judgment ECJ Case C-533/07 – Falco Privatstiftung and Thomas Rabitsch v. Gisela Weller-Lindhorst;
- Antonio Leandro, Effet Utile of the Regulation No. 1346 and Vis Attractiva Concursus. Some Remarks on the Deko Marty Judgment;
- Ben Steinbrück, Jurisdiction to Set Aside Foreign Arbitral Awards in India: Some Remarks on an Erroneous Rule of Law;
- Gilberto Boutin, Forum non conveniens and Lis alibi pendens in International Litigation in Panama.
- Fabrizio Marongiu Buonaiuti, Lis Alibi Pendens and Related Actions in Civil and Commercial Matters Within the European Judicial Area;
- Caroline Kleiner, Money in Private International Law: What Are the Problems? What Are the Solutions?;
- Benedetta Ubertazzi, Intellectual Property and State Immunity from Jurisdiction in the New York Convention of 2004.
(Many thanks to Gian Paolo Romano, Production Editor of the YPIL)