Publication: International Commercial Litigation Handbook 2nd edn
Butterworths International Commerical Litigation Handbook brings together in a single volume key UK, EC and international materials which are essential for litigation and arbitration lawyers, as well as criminal and commercial lawyers generally.
This new edition is fully updated and expanded to include ADR and mediation materials. It also includes the text of the Brussels and Lugano Conventions on Jurisdiction and the Enforcement of Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters and the Rome Convention on the Law Applicable to Contractual Obligations, together with their interpretative reports. In addition, Tables summarising the ratification, and entry into force of these Conventions are also included. The handbook contains UK statutes and statutory instruments on arbitration and the texts of the 1927 Geneva and 1958 New York Conventions on Arbitral Awards.
Other legislation included (together with the relevant Conventions) relate to international transport (road, rail, air, sea) and a variety of other areas including International organisations, state immunity, trusts, evidence, mutual legal assistance, limitation periods and currency.
- Part I – Statutes; A. Jurisdiction and Foreign Judgments; B. Applicable Law; C. International Arbitration; D. International Carriage: Road and Air; E. International Carriage: Rail and Sea; F. State Immunity and International Organisations; G. Insolvency; H. Evidence; I. Other;
- Part II – Civil Procedure Rules; Selected parts of the Civil Procedure Rules (SI 1998/3132) and selected Practice Directions;
- Part III – Statutory Instruments; A. Jurisdiction and Foreign Judgments; B. Applicable Law; C. International Arbitration; D. International Carriage: Road and Air; E. International Carriage: Rail and Sea; F. State Immunity and International Organisations; G. Insolvency; H. Other;
- Part IV – EC Materials; A. EC Treaties; B. Jurisdiction and Foreign Judgments; C. Applicable Law; D. Insolvency; E. Service of documents; F. Evidence; G. Other;
- Part V – Other International Materials; A. Jurisdiction and Foreign Judgments; B. Applicable law; C. International Arbitration; D. International Carriage (road and air); E. International Carriage (rail and sea); F. State Immunity; G. Insolvency; H. Service and Evidence
CONFLICT OF LAWS .NET will be reviewing this text shortly; check back regularly for updates.