- Professor Peter Gruss, President of the Max Planck Society
- Ms Martine Hansen, Minister for Higher Education and Research, Luxembourg
- Ms Cornelia Quennet-Thielen, State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany
- Professor Rolf Tarrach, President of the University of Luxembourg
- Ms Viviane Reding, Vice-President of the European Commission and Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship (by means of a video message).
It is my great pleasure to announce that the Max Planck Institute Luxembourg for International, European and Regulatory Procedural Law has been officially inaugurated. The Opening Ceremony took place on Wednesday in Luxembourg in the presence of the Grand Duke Henri, the Luxembourgian Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker, the Minister for Higher Education and Research of Luxembourg, the German Ambassador, the State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany, and the President of the Max Planck Society. The event was attended by more than 150 prominent persons from the ECJ, the Luxembourgian University and the academia of different countries. The following authorities addressed their Opening Remarks :