The Hague Academy of International Law has recently released the programme for this year’s summer course in Private International Law:
30 July 2012: Inaugural Conference
Conflicts of Laws and Uniform Law In Contemporary Private International Law: Dilemma or Convergence?, Didier OPERTTI BADÁN, Professor at the Catholic University of Montevideo.
6 to 17 August 2012: General Course
The Law of the Open Society, Jürgen BASEDOW; Director of the Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law, Hamburg
30 July-17 August 2012: Special Courses
- The Private International Law Dimension of the Security Council’s Economic Sanctions (30 July-3 August), Nerina BOSCHIERO; Professor at the University of Milan.
- The New Codification of Chinese Private International Law (30 July-3 August), CHEN Weizuo; Professor at Tsinghua University, Beijing.
- Applying Foreign Public Law in Private International Law – A Comparative Approach (30 July-3 August), Andrey LISITSYN-SVETLANOV, Professor at the Institute of State and Law, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow.
- Party Autonomy in Private International Law: A Universal Principle between Liberalism and Statism (6-10 August), Christian KOHLER; Honorary Director-General at the Court of Justice of the European Union, Luxembourg.
- Applying the most Favourable Treaty or Domestic Rules to Facilitate Private International Law Co-operation (6-10 August), Maria Blanca NOODT TAQUELA; Professor at the University of Buenos Aires.
- Bioethics in Private International Law (13-17 August), Mathias AUDIT; Professor at the University of Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense
- Compétence-Compétence in the Face of Illegality in Contracts and Arbitration Agreements (13-17 August), Richard H. KREINDLER; Professor at the University of Münster
More information is available on the Academy’s website.