Sciences Po PILAGG Workshop Series, Fall 2011 (updated)
The workshop on « Private International Law as Global Governance » at the Law School of the Paris Institute of Political Science (Sciences Po) will normally take place on Fridays at 12:30 pm, at the Law School.
The speakers for the fall 2011 will be:
- 21st October: Launching PILAGG (Horatia Muir Watt & Diego Fernandez Arroyo: introduction to the PILAGG research project)
- 28th October: Launching PILAGG Junior Stream (Ivana Isailovitch: “Recognition and legal pluralism”)
- 17th November (exceptionally a Thursday): Robert WAI, “Private v. Private: Models of Private Governance in Private International Law” (salle B404 au 56, rue des St Pères).
- 18 November co-sponsoring with the Ecole Doctorale de Sciences po: Kerry Rittich, Robert Wai, Horatia Muir Watt: “Tools for distributional analysis in law”
- 25th November: Veronica CORCODEL, “What room for comparative law in the governance debate?” (PILAGG Junior Stream)
- 29th November (exceptionally a Tuesday, co-sponsoring with “Les Grands Récits de la Pensée Juridique”): Marty KOSKENNIEMI
- 2nd December Harm SCHEPEL, “Rules of recognition: A legal constructivist approach to transnational private governance”.
- 9th December: Ralf MICHAELS, “Post-critical Private International Law: From Politics to Technique”
- 16th December: Tomaso FERRANDO: “Sovereignty abuse, homogeneization of legal orders and land grabbing” (PILAGG Junior Stream)
Where: unless otherwise announced, Law School, 13 rue de l’Université 75007, J210 2nd floor.
When: 12:30 to 14:30pm
Please register at the following address: email@example.com