- Professor Burkhard Hess, Institut für ausländisches und internationales Privat- und Wirtschaftsrecht der Ruprecht-Karls-Universität
- Professor Marie-Laure Niboyet, Université Paris X-Nanterre;
- Professor Horatia Muir-Watt, Sciences-Po Law School, Paris;
- Professor Ilaria Pretelli, Università degli Studi di Urbino “Carlo Bo”;
- Alexander Layton QC of the Bar of England and Wales;
- Professor Andrew Dickinson, University of Sydney, solicitor advocate (England and Wales), consultant to Clifford Chance LLP;
- Florian Horn, partner and attorney at law, Brauneis Klauser Prändl law firm.
On Tuesday, 20 September 2011, the EP Committee on Legal Affairs (JURI) will host in Brussels a workshop on the review of the Brussels I regulation. The round table, chaired by Tadeusz Zwiefka (EP rapporteur on the Brussels I proposal), will be followed by the presentation of the study "Interpretation of the Public Policy Exception as referred to in EU Instruments of Private International and Procedural Law", prepared by Prof. Burkhard Hess and Prof. Thomas Pfeiffer (Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg) on behalf of the Commission. Here's the programme: [UPDATE: the live video streaming of the workshop will be broadcasted on this page. The recorded session will be later available in the EP's Multimedia Library] 9:00 – 9:10 Welcome and opening remarks by Tadeusz Zwiefka, Rapporteur. 9:10 - 10:20 Analysis of the main elements of reform of Brussels I Regulation - Round Table: