The Institute for Comparative Law, Conflict of Laws and International Business Law (University of Heidelberg) and the European Commission will organise the 2nd Conference on European Procedural Law in Heidelberg titled
The Future of European Civil Procedural Law
Reforming the Regulation Brussels I
The conference will address in particular the following topics:
- the abolition of exequatur proceedings
- defendants in third states
- cross-border collective litigation and the Regulation Brussels I
- provisional and protective measures
- arbitration and choice of court agreements
The conference is co-organised by the Journal of Private International Law and the journal “Praxis des Internationalen Privat- und Verfahrensrechts” (IPRax) and will be held at the Hotel “Der Europäische Hof” in Heidelberg on December 11th and 12th 2009.
More information can be found here.
UPDATE: A detailed conference programme and information on the registration procedure is now available here.