PIL abstracts of law teachers’ conferenceA special session on Private International Law was held at the conference of the Society for Law Teachers of Southern Africa, held in Pretoria from 21 to 24 January 2008.
The following papers were delivered:
• Classification and liberative prescription in private international law by Jan Neels
• The role of Private International Law in International Trade by Eesa A Fredericks
• Could a South African court be expected to apply the CISG by virtue of article 1(1)(b)? by Marlene Wethmar-Lemmer
• The Strict Approach to Party Autonomy and Choice of Law in E-contracts in South Africa: Does the Approach Render South Africa an Unacceptable Jurisdiction? by Omphemetse Sibanda
• Regional organisations and the jurisdiction of their dispute settlement bodies by Thalia Kruger
(Follow the link at the top for the abstracts and contact details of the authors.)